Legends Of The Canyon
Legends of the Canyon, delivers the story of rock music spawned in the garden of the Hollywood Hills, Laurel Canyon. Many of rock musics legendary artists of the late 1960 s brought to life the anthems of a generation in these hills, in a commune-like setting. CROSBY STILLS and NASH,The Mamas and the Papas, Joni Mitchell, America, Buffalo Springfield and many others.
Addding depth, color and certainly to the film, famed rock photographer Henry Diltz, CSNY official photographer contributes as narrator and with a variety of original photographs, some never before exhibited, and rare footage shot amongst the musicians tribe of Laurel Canyon.
Visually stunning, intensely captivating and musically inspiring, THE CLASSIC ARTISTS film brings us to a time and place where some refused to let go of a dream of a life where harmony ruled the Earth, their music still echoes through the hills of Laurel Canyon to this day.
- Previously unreleased archive footage
- Henry Diltzs 8mm silent footage of Crosby Stills, Nash and Joni Mitchell at Big Bear
- Henry Diltzs 8mm silent footage of Stephen Stills in England
- Henry Diltzs exclusive Photo Library
- Extended interviews with David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Van Dyke Parks and Gerry Beckley
- Henry Diltzs 8mm silent footage of Woodstock